The combiFIN is a nifty combination of different vertical processing devices to create a single intelligent line, which typically consists of the following individual systems:
- GLX grinding and polishing machine for rectangles and shapes - optionally with tool change
- MRX drilling and milling centre with double-sided processing - optionally with water jet head
- topCLEAR glass washing machine with four or six brushes for different glass thicknesses
- Water treatment systems or lines with logistics and shuttle solutions
A special feature of the system is its development through close collaboration between LiSEC and Schraml, and the associated synergy that came into effect thanks to the expertise of both companies.
Horst Schraml, managing director of Schraml Glastechnik, explains a few of the highlights and unique features of the system:
How are the machines linked with each other?
Horst Schraml: The devices are linked automatically. It is therefore only necessary to perform operation and programming on one machine. If necessary, the systems can also be used separately and independently.
How complicated is operation of the combiFIN?
Horst Schraml: Operation is significantly easier than operating complex all-in-one systems. Despite this, the devices deliver very high performance thanks to the respective focus on processing. Programming can be carried out in the office or on the machine, or even as a combination of both.
What cycle times can be achieved with the combiFIN?
Horst Schraml: Dividing processing up between at least two devices means that the cycle time is significantly reduced. Almost all doors, partition walls and similar products are completely finished in less than five minutes.
What shapes is the system able to process?
Horst Schraml: The system processes almost all glass lites sheets with a straight edge. Rounded and bevelled corners are processed with no cycle time losses. Thanks to the batch size of 1, the customer can process any glass lites sheets, thicknesses and shapes successively without limitation.
How efficient is the system?
Horst Schraml: The use of series parts from the LiSEC or Schraml modular range means that the system is comparatively economical. In combination with its high level of productivity, this results in advantageous overall efficiency.
Is the combiFIN future-proof?
Horst Schraml: The systems are state-of-the-art and the combination can be used with either an MRX or RX drilling machine. All processing devices are optionally available for delivery with the water jet head or a range of processing heads. Interfaces with external software suppliers are tried, tested and available.
The combiFIN exhibits all the features of leading-edge machine construction technology. The systems conform to the Industry 4.0 schema. Remote maintenance and remote control are possible, while the configuration can also operate in any running direction and in a range of expansion stages. The only limitation is the maximum glass size, which is currently 3,210 x 2,000 mm; i.e. split-sized glass sheets.
Schraml Glastechnik GmbH has been working in wet processing for three decades now and was the world’s first provider of vertical glass drilling machines. Since 2017, Schraml Glastechnik GmbH has been part of the LiSEC group and the company can therefore optimally utilise LiSEC’s development and production capacities. By presenting the combiFIN, the system constructor has succeeded in taking a major technical leap forwards. The system is oriented towards current customer benefits and delivers not only technical but also financial advantages.
Highlights of the GLX P1:
- Comprehensive water splash protection
- Water cushions for sheet movement
- Small glass design as standard
- Convenient maintenance access and well thought-out maintenance concept
- Twice as fast cycle time compared to all-in-one machines
- Significantly improved grinding quality through specialisation of the grinding head
- Inclined edges or shapes with curves are possible without difficulty
- Fully integrated and yet stand-alone - allows flexible use as required
Highlights of the MRX G7:
- 10-position revolver drill head at front and rear, with tool pre-selection
- Dynamic vacuum belts with shape detection
- Extremely compact design
- Flexible in all directions
- Drill and countersink holes in the most individual design from both sides
- Milling operations without technical restrictions in size and shape
- New - also with possible polishing of interior cut-outs
- Tool change even during processing on the opposite side
- Tool change and revolver now also controlled by servo drives